Philosys Label Editor
The Philosys Label Editor is a program based on ADTF created for annotating video-data streams. In this context, annotating stands for the tagging of real objects in a video-data stream. Depending on the shape and attributes, the objects can be manually or semiautomatically tagged with various geometrical objects and annotated with certain traits.
The Philosys Label Editor uses Qt4 and OpenGL to display the user interface, videodata, geometrical objects and traits. Following windows are used in the process:
- VideoView for displaying video images and annotated objects.
- InspectorView for displaying and modifying geometrical objects over time.
- ObjectView for a detailed description and modification of the geometrical objects and their traits.
- SettingView for displaying and modifying the settings.
The various windows allow for the creation of an individual work environment depending on the activity performed (annotation, modification, control).
The Philosys Label Editor is characterized by the following features that, compared to other implementations, considerably facilitate the labeling of video scenes and allow for adjustments to individual demands:
- Extensive unrestricted definition of label data structure in XML format via XML structure.
- The ability to read videos from ADTF DAT-data.
- The ability to label by mouse and keyboard ( individual key settings).
- Support by various object markers (dot, line, rectangle, parable).
- Extrapolation while adding new objects.
- Overview of the condition of all objects over time (InspectorView).
- Detailed depiction of the traits of all objects (ObjectView).
- User interface windows can be freely distributed over the screen and/or onto other screens.
- Merging of label data from multiple files possible.
- Support by ADTF filters for preprocessing video data for the display.
- Annotating in parallel recorded video data (different exposures).
- Executable on all ADTF supported windows and Linux platforms.
- EB Assist runtime license is needed, as the Label Editor is based on ADTF.
- Version available for Windows XP and Windows 7.